A presentation sent via email which got a positive reply in 3 days.
The 16 slide, 63-word pitch deck below was sent as a PDF in an email on a Monday and received positive feedback Wednesday the same week.
"The VP of Global Marketing Partnership loves your work!"
This presentation went from the Beijing office to Shanghai then New York and back again and resulted in a training session with the brand.
The fastest reply I have ever experienced from a stand alone pitch, one where I was not in the room.
Below are three reasons I believe it was effective:
- I put the audience at the center of the story - it is not a pitch of what I do but instead talks about the audience, what makes them unique and then relates this to my services.
- I worked to reduce the word count as much as possible, so it was lightening fast to read.
- I used emotive and full-screen images to have as much impact as possible.
An additional factor to bear in mind was I had a friendly contact at the brand who was empowered by the pitch deck and so could push it internally to the right people, this is a big factor as it results in the pitch being revealed in the right way and so making a powerful introduction.
So for a pitch to get positive results remember these three points
- Place the audience at the centre of the story
- Edit the text to be as clean and clear as possible
- Use bold emotive visuals
This empowers the person receiving the deck to be as effective as possible.
Thank you for reading this far, and please contact me directly on email.
For weekly original content on pitching, presenting & visualising scan the qrcode to follow our Wechat subscription account.